For individuals looking to improve upon their skills as beauticians, The Deep End Training Academy offers a course to earn an ITEC Level 2 (QQI Level 4) Certificate in Makeup Application.
This course is taught by award-winning Makeup Artist Claire Treacy.
In this course we look at creating the perfect make up to suit the client and their occasion.
We start with a blank canvas by prepping the skin to form an even base enabling us to follow a systematic approach to a full make up application.
This ITEC Level 2 Award in applying make up includes:
- Client consultation
- Skin analysis and diagnosis
- Face shape
- Cleansing, toning and moisturising
- Choosing the correct Base
- Applying highlighter and shading
- Creating a variety of looks
- Applying a variety of eyelash extensions
- Creating the perfect eye shape
- Working in a professional manner
- Following safe and hygienic working practices
Using the latest techniques we explain the use of different brushes and tools, we explain the importance of maintaining them, and we explain working to the highest hygienic standards. We discuss products, and recommend must haves for every Make-Up Artist kit.
This is an internationally recognised qualification and will aid in better employment and insurance cover.
This course is suitable for beginners, those interested in a career in Beauty therapy, experienced beauty therapists who wish to upskill or learn the latest en trend techniques, and bridal hairstylists wishing to add make up to their services.