ITEC Diploma in Personal Training & Fitness Instructor (Gym Based Exercise) – Level 3 – QQI Level 5
For individuals looking to improve upon their skills as fitness authorities, The Deep End Training Academy offers a course to earn a combined ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Fitness Instructing.
This is a combined full time course leading to 2 full ITEC Qualifications, Diploma in Personal Training (Gym Based Exercise) & Certificate in Fitness Instructing. It covers the following topics:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Health, safety, and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness, and health
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
As an added bonus you will get ITEC Level 2 Kettlebell Instructing and Level 2 Strength and Conditioning, giving you 2 additional qualifications. Also included is access to Business Builder Workshop to help kickstart your career as our aim is to ensure you’re the most employable Fitness professional out there.
With the rise in health issues, such as heart problems and obesity, sports and fitness has become increasingly more important and popular in starting to combat what could become a serious epidemic in years to come.
Trusted qualifications in the fitness industry are becoming more and more necessary to allow you, as a fitness professional, to prove you have the knowledge and commitment to meet a great demand for qualified trainers.
ITEC qualifications are recognised worldwide as the syllabus, theoretical testing and practical assessment is always the same which ensures consistent standards.
The Qualification was developed collaboratively with SkillsActive and is recognised for admission onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS).
There are opportunities for a Fitness Instructor to find Employment in a variety of areas:
- Health Club
- Cruise Ships
- Hotels or Resorts
- Own Fitness Studio