For individuals looking to improve upon their skills as fitness authorities, The Deep End Training Academy offers a course to earn an ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Pilates Teaching (QQI Level 5). The ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Pilates Teaching Diploma is an essential qualification for those looking to teach Pilates. Discover how the practice has developed since the 20th century, the various interpretations and schools of Pilates, and how Pilates’ original exercise techniques are still used today.
Pilates is a specialised form of exercise and is performed with a mat, usually using only the participants’ body weight. Portable equipment such as stability balls, foam rollers, resistance bands and Pilates circles are used, to add intensity and variety to the class.
This qualification is suitable for Learners aged 16 and over, and is designed to provide occupational competence at Level 3, and is for Learners who want to work within the Exercise and Fitness Industry.
The main skills you will achieve are:
- Programming Pilates Teaching Sessions
- Client consultation, how and when to refer participants to other professionals
- Understanding the concept and vital elements of the principles of Pilates within each exercise
- Demonstrating the breathing engagement concept
- Techniques to include rehabilitation, core strengthening, improved balance ,reducing stress levels, improving musculoskeletal health , postural alignment, while giving you suppleness, natural grace and skill.
- Explaining the original Pilates exercises and their goals
- Adapting and modifying each exercise to suit the client’s needs and completing a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ)
- Evaluating different methods of maintaining client’s motivation
- Using different methods of monitoring student progress
- Demonstrating how to instruct a Pilates class through each phase, using effective methods of voice projection and music choice
- Reflecting and evaluating on the Pilates Teaching Session and offering home care advice
- The Learner will also develop knowledge about client care and communication, health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment, relevant legislation and professional standards which are essential to work and be successful in the Industry.
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the Pilates Programming and Teaching Sessions listed above effectively, in particular knowledge of anatomy and physiology for exercise and health, the principles of exercise, fitness and health and how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
This qualification is recognised by all relevant professional bodies within the Sports and Fitness Industry for REPS membership, and insurance purposes where applicable at Level 3 QQI Level 5.
It is recommended that Learners should have achieved a level of education equivalent to leaving certificate prior to commencing the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Pilates Teaching; however, exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the workplace
There are opportunities for a Pilates Instructor to find employment in a variety of areas including:
- Health club
- Cruise ships
- Hotels or resorts
- Own fitness studio
As always, our courses at The Deep End Training Academy are all internationally accredited and accepted by employers globally.
Seize this opportunity to become certified in Pilates teaching and make the change into a more qualified fitness authority today!