ITEC Level 3 (QQI Level 5) – Award in Taping and Strapping for Sport and Active Leisure
For individuals looking to improve upon their skills as fitness authorities, The Deep End Training Academy offers ITEC Level 3 Award in Taping and Strapping for Sport and Active Leisure to enable learners to gain the practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide taping and strapping for the Sport and Active Leisure Industry.
The purpose of this specialist qualification is to enhance the understanding of taping and strapping techniques relevant to general support and to limit specific movement. It will provide learners with techniques to facilitate taping and strapping techniques and covers the treatment and taping techniques for over 15 different sporting injuries as well as learning key methods associated with sports taping and strapping.
The Kinesiology of Taping & Strapping has taken the professional sporting world by storm and candidates will learn how to stabilise a specific area of instability, off-load the pain through ‘decompression’, improve performance and control swelling using tailored Taping & Strapping techniques.
Who Should Attend:
- Those qualified, or working towards a qualification, in sports massage
- Therapists looking to play an active role in the management of sports injuries
- Those seeking a career in sports medicine
- First Aiders
- Those over 16 years of age with an interest in sports taping and strapping
What you will learn:
- Techniques to help re-educate poor posture
- Key techniques associated with sports taping
- Other techniques covered include:
– Achilles tendon support
– Patella instability
– Lumbar spine unloading
– Shoulder retraction
– ‘Tennis Elbow’ and wrist stability.
This course is fully certified, on completion of assessment and written multiple choice exam, and once awarded is a recognised ITEC Qualification and recognised by REPS.